June 16, 2013

Cardsharp 2 - Gear Review



This will be another Tactical Gear Review by Citizen Gunner of the Lain Sinclair Cardsharp 2 concealable knife.

First and foremost I must stress this is not a duty knife, this is not a rescue knife, this is not a rapid deployment knife.

I believe the purpose of this knife is more a "last ditch effort" to escape restraint or attack. For instance, I carry my cardsharp in my wallet (obviously) and timing myself in a perfectly calm situation to remove my wallet and deploy the knife takes approximately 11 seconds. Now, as I said, while this remains totally impractical for every day use, I believe for the price point of $11-$13 should it save myself or someone else just one time then it was worth it.

image
  • Manufacturers Details:
  • - ULTRA THIN - 2.2 mm thick (traditional Stanley utility knife body thickness is 25 mm)
  • - LIGHTWEIGHT - 13 grams
  • - SAFETY - Blade edge is protected when stored in wallet or kit bag. Protective hilt appears when open
  • - RAZOR SHARP - Surgical blade technology with long 65mm cutting edge ensures longer lasting sharpness
Conclusion: All in all, again for just over 10 bucks it's a fun thing that you can add to your every day carry load out. I'm anticipating needing to use it for a legitimate purpose one time, and achieving this task will most likely render the knife useless from that point on.

No comments:

Post a Comment