June 26, 2015

Safariland 6004-25 Drop Flex Adapter Gear Review

Safariland Model 6004-25 Single Strap Leg Shroud with Drop Flex Adapter Gear Review


Guys, if we have conversed (or worked together) you know I have almost literally put blood sweat and tears into this holster.....

So it all started when I discovered this holster 2 years ago, it was new on the market and there were almost no reviews out there. I took the plunge and bought the panel from amazon for about $55 Safariland 6004 DFA on Amazon once receiving it (keep in mind you will have to use your existing holster, you are just buying the leg plate) I immediately mounted it and fell in love. The adapter drops your handgun weapon draw approximately 3 inched from a standard Safariland mid rise holster which makes drawing while wearing an outer vest seamless and comfortable. 

Here comes the juice...all was going well, I loved the new setup and my coworkers were envious, then Sergeant Policy Enforcement sees me and states that "Only SWAT officers are permitted to wear drop holsters." I was bummed beyond belief and even looked at the possibility of a policy change as I believed in this product so strongly. Unfortunately my attempts gained no merit and I was forced to go back to my Safariland 6285 low ride holster. 


 This is how the holster will be received, its pretty self explanatory on how you set it up and the height is adjustable to three different levels on the back side. One of my greatest joys of this product was the single leg shroud. I'm not a huge fan on the typical drop leg holster which makes your entire leg feel like Robo-Cop, but the lightweight nature of this product makes it great. 

Other then mounting your weapon you also have the ability to mount 2 accessories to the sides (using the 2 outer holes, and as pictured above.)


I think you figured it out by now, I would absolutely recommend this product, of course, if your policy allows ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment